You can get to Győr via Budapest or Vienna.
Transportation from Budapest
International air traffic goes through one airport, Ferihegy (www.bud.hu), near Budapest.
- By train:Trains departing from Keleti Station arrive in Győr in 85 minutes. Besides the 9 or 10 InterCity trains that run daily, most international express trains from Western Europe stop in Győr, so it is possible to reach the city without having to go through Budapest, which makes a change. The very smart site http://elvira.mav-start.hu/ , will help you plan your route and give you information on ticket prices.
- By bus: Buses depart from Népliget bus station and the journey time is approx. 1.5 hour. International buses (from Vienna, Bratislava, Prague and Munich) also have scheduled stops in Győr.
- By transfer: you can book and request price offer on the following link: http://aerobus.hu/en
- By car: Take the M1 motorway. Győr is in the middle of the highway from Vienna to Budapest, cca 125 km far from the both cities.
Transportation from Vienna
There are 3 ways to get from Vienna Airport (VIE) to Győr by bus, train, or car.
- FlixBus operates a bus from Vienna Airport (VIE) to Győr 3 times a day. The journey takes 1h 20m.
- There is no direct train from Vienna Airport (VIE) to Győr. You can reach Győr with one change at Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna Main station).
- There are services departing from Flughafen Wien. The rapid transit railway (S-Bahn) is an economical way of travelling between Vienna city centre and the Vienna Airport.
- Alternatively, You can reach Wien Hauptbahnhof directly by ÖBB Railjet. Change train at Wien Hauptbahnhof for Győr. Vienna Airport is about 16 km from the city centre of Wien.
Arriving in Győr
The railway station (Pályaudvar) is in the middle of the city, behind the City Hall (Városháza). From the station, head through the centre, then cross the Mosoni-Duna River. The university is approximately 15 minutes from there. The bus station is located next to the railway station. The direct line to the university is the bus CITY, and No. 9.or No. 6 and No 19.